Founded on October 15, 1915, the College of Business is the oldest college of business in the state and one of the oldest in the South. For the COB Centennial Anniversary Celebration, we launched an exciting new branding campaign: WE MEAN BUSINESS. Our tagline is strong and bold, and exemplifies the mentality of our students, faculty and more than 33,000 College of Business alumni.
Throughout 2015, we incorporated six key words that also demonstrated specifically what “We Mean” in the College of Business. Videos, stories, events and banners in and around McCool Hall will be unveiled with each word.
- Leadership. We mean… students, alumni, friends, and faculty who are confident, strategic thinkers who are willing to lead and open to new challenges.
- Discovery. We mean… leading-edge research for professors, graduate and undergraduate students.
- Innovation. We mean… Fostering a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship for our students, offering real-world experience for ambitious students with a creative drive.
- Opportunity. We mean… affording our students the ability to achieve success in the business world, through scholarships, outstanding faculty, state of the art learning resources, study abroad internships and career networking opportunities.
- Integrity. We mean… stressing the importance of responsible decision-making in all circumstances, whether or not anyone is watching.
- Community. We mean… embracing the values of service, compassion, and giving back to foster a better world.
Over the last century, the College of Business at Mississippi State University has produced more than 33,000 graduates—from all 50 states and 142 countries—each one an important part of our rich history. We celebrate this historic milestone as we continue to lead in excellence for the next 100 years.