Assist with Recruitment
Are you passionate about the Mississippi State University College of Business? Do you want to help bring students into the MSU family? There are several ways to become involved in the student recruitment process, and we would love your help! Please contact Kelsey Waters to join in our recruitment process.
Recruitment Involvement Ideas:
- Assist with personal student communication through letter writing or phone calls
- Encourage students to visit campus and attend a College of Business information session
- Host a regional student recruitment event in your home or business
- Make a monetary donation to the recruitment fund
- Refer an outstanding student
- Share your career success story with us to inspire new Business Bulldogs
- Sponsor a College of Business student recruitment tailgate
- Wear your Maroon and White and speak positively about Mississippi State and your experiences
Be a Career Chats Speaker
Throughout the academic year, the College of Business invites our business alumni and friends to speak to students in the classroom about real world experiences, their career paths, and career tips on getting a job in the field. In these Career Chats, our students get to engage with accomplished professionals in their prospective fields, from recent graduates to senior-level executives.
This is an opportunity for our students to hear true success stories and receive resourceful, first-hand knowledge of current practice in the business community and how to apply id to preparing for the workforce.
To participate in Career Chats, please contact Erin Novorot.
Mentor a Student Entrepreneur
MSU Center for Entrepreneurship & Outreach’s Startup Mentoring program connects student entrepreneurs to executives familiar with unique challenges of a startup.
Our goal is to facilitate a relationship where young entrepreneurs learn to make better business decisions by gaining feedback, perspective, and drawing from a mentor’s judgment and experience. One of our most important roles is to identify potential connections and make introductions, particularly for students who lack a deep Rolodex across a broad landscape.
For more information, please contact Eric Hill, Director of Entrepreneurship.
Join the Alumni Association
Stay connected with Mississippi State University through our vast Alumni Association. Membership provides opportunities to meet and interact with other alumni through 95 worldwide chapters and ensures that you will receive invitations to special events on campus and in your local area. It also gives you the opportunity to give back to the university that has provided all of us with so much!