The Bachelor of Business Administration degree with a major in Finance and a concentration in Risk Management & Insurance offers students a broad study in the aforementioned subjects, with a particular emphasis on the insurance industry. Students enrolled in this concentration must complete an introductory course in Insurance, as well as advanced courses in Life and Health Insurance, Property and Casualty Insurance, and Enterprise Risk Management.
In good times and bad, the services of the insurance industry are vital to both individuals and the economy. With constant and rapid growth in the industry, experts predict the growth to continue—placing skilled employees in constant demand. Opportunities exist for those educated in risk management and insurance as well as those trained in related fields.
Insurance is a people-to-people industry. Primarily, insurance is people performing all kinds of services for other people, from explaining a policy, investigating a claim, or analyzing a risk. If you are looking for an exciting, enjoyable, fast-paced career serving and helping people, you should consider the opportunities in the fields of risk management and insurance.
- Claims Adjuster
- Compliance Analyst
- Group Benefits Representative
- Risk Analyst
- Risk Management Consultant
- Risk Management Strategic Project Manager
- Senior Director of Risk Management
- Insurance Agent
Insurance Day (I-Day)
Organized by the College of Business and its RMI program, Insurance Day (I-Day) is one of the South’s largest insurance conferences. For over 30 years, this continuing education program annually attracts hundreds of insurance and other professionals from all over the Southeast for sessions focused on current industry issues. I-Day attendees may earn up to 12 CE hours, including three hours in ethics. The program also offers internship and job placement opportunities for its students.
RMI students may qualify for more than 20 scholarships a year! For more information, contact Martha Galloway.
- Carl Carver Endowed Scholarship
- Clifford D. Dalton Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Clifford Dewitt Dalton Endowed Scholarship
- CPCU Magnolia Chapter Scholarship
- Dixie 1752 Scholarship
- Frankie & Trish Box Endowed Scholarship
- George B. Picket and James A. Wheeler Insurance Scholarship
- Griffith Insurance Education Scholarship
- James C. "Jimmy" Galloway Endowed Scholarship
- Joe Hodges-State Farm Endowed Scholarship
- Johnstone Educational Foundation Scholarship
- Harold E. Lomenick Endowed Scholarship
- Independent Insurance Agents of MS - Gulf Coast
- Memphis RIMS Scholarship
- Mississippi Claims Association Scholarship
- Mississippi Insurance Education Foundation Scholarship
- Mississippi Insurance Women's Scholarship
- Richard G. Wiggers Endowed Scholarship
- Robert Gray Marchetti Endowed Scholarship
- Southern Farm Bureau Life Excellence Scholarships
- Ted French Endowed Scholarship