Faculty & Staff
- Dr. William Wesley Hill, II
- Division Head and Professor of Marketing
- Office: 601.484.0163
- Department: 601.484.0156
- Curriculum Vitae
- PhD, University of Alabama, Marketing
- MBA, Mississippi State University, Business Administration
- BS, University of Alabama, Chemical Engineering
Dr. Hill has over 32 years of experience in the private and public sectors--14 years in chemical engineering, manufacturing, and sales, and 18 years in higher education. His research interests include tourism, personal selling, and sports marketing. Dr. Hill's consulting experience includes work with small businesses, tourism, healthcare administration, and community economic impact studies. He is a member of the American Marketing Association and the Society for Marketing Advances. Dr. Hill currently serves as the Division Head of Business at the Mississippi State University Meridian Campus.
- "Predictors of Customer's Subscriptions to Movie and Sport Packages ", with Yingge Qu, Journal of Marketing Development and Competitiveness, 2018, vol. 12, no. 4, p 80-94, 15p.
- "Understanding the typical vacations of U.S. southern travelers", Journal of Applied Business Research, 2016, vol. 32, no. 4, p 1169-1178.
- "Understanding customer’s TV subscription behavior to movie and sports packages", with Yingge Qu, Decisions Sciences Institute Conference, Chicago, 2018.
- "Modeling customer’s interdependent TV subscription behavior to movie and sports channels", with Yingge Qu, Society of Marketing Advances Annual Conference, West Palm Beach, Florida, 2018.
- "Relating sports performance and associated metrics with marketing and overall business outcomes", Society of Marketing Advances, Atlanta, 2016.
- "Understanding the typical vacation and relating factors ", Academy of Marketing Studies, New Orleans, LA, 2015.
- "The motives and constraints for vacation style selection", Academy of Business Research Conference, San Antonio, TX, 2014.
- Digital Certified Marketer, American Marketing Association.