College of Business Student Policies
College GPA requirements: To continue in good standing in the College of Business as a junior, a student must have a minimum 2.5 overall GPA, a minimum 2.5 GPA on all courses taken at MSU, and a grade of "C" or better in BIS 1012, ACC 2013, ACC 2023, BL 2413, BQA 2113, EC 2113, and EC 2123. Students not meeting these requirements with 76 or more applied semester hours will be removed from their major and placed in pre-business. Students in pre-business will not be allowed to register for 4000 level courses in COB, and will not be able to graduate with a degree from COB.
Senior year: Once a student has earned at least 90 applied hours, they are required to request a Senior Degree Audit at the Academic Advising Center. Failure to do so will result in a hold on the student's records, preventing them from registering for classes in future semesters.
Graduation: To graduate with a degree from COB, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 2.0 GPA overall
- Minimum 2.0 GPA on all courses attempted at MSU
- Minimum 2.5 GPA on upper level business courses attempted (3000-4000 level courses in business)
- Minimum 2.5 GPA on all Major courses attempted
- Complete a minimum of 32 hours of upper level business courses at MSU, with a maximum of 2 grades of 'D'
- The last 32 hours of the degree program must be taken at MSU
In the semester you plan to graduate, you must apply for graduation through myState by the deadline published on the Registrar's Academic Calendar. Failure to meet this deadline will result in additional graduation fees.
Course Pre-requisites: When planning course schedules, pay special attention to course pre-requisites as stated in the MSU Bulletin. Some important pre-requisites:
- BUS 4853 Business Policy requires completion of FIN 3123,MKT 3013, MGT 3114, BIS 3233, and that you be a graduating Senior
- FIN 3123 Financial Management requires EC 2113, EC 2123, ACC 2013, ACC 2023, and BQA 2113
- MGT 3114 Principles of Management and Production requires BQA 2113 and EC 2113
- BQA 2113 Business Statistical Methods I requires MA 1613 (or higher) and BIS 1012
- MA 1613 Business Calculus I requires a grade of 'C' or better in MA 1313, or minimum ACT math subscore of 24