State Your Business Career
“The College of Business prepared me for my career in many ways. With the great facilities, professors, and educational tools around me, I was immediately set up for success from day one.”
- Business Major: Accounting
- Graduation Date: May 2015
- Hometown: Olive Branch, MS
- Current Position: Staff Auditor, Ernst & Young LLP
- On the Job: I will be on a team with several other colleagues performing annual audits for our client corporations to ensure their financial statements are reported fairly and accurately to the public.
Why did you choose to attend Mississippi State University?
Choosing MSU was not a hard decision for me. Both of my parents graduated from this great university so I was born and raised a Bulldog. I also had an opportunity to play football for the school so it made my decision that much easier.
How did you select business as your major?
Going into college I didn’t really have any idea of what I wanted to do. I had heard that there is always a demand for accountants in the business world so I felt like I should try it out. After my first two accounting classes I decided I liked it and bought into the program.
How did the College of Business prepare you for your career?
The College of Business prepared me for my career in many ways. With the great facilities, professors, and educational tools around me, I was immediately set up for success from day one.