Faculty & Staff
- Xinchang Wang, Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor of Quantitative Analysis
- 324C McCool Hall
- Office: 662.325.1628
- Ph.D., Georgia Institute of Technology, Operations Research
- Ph.D., National University of Singapore, Civil Engineering
- M. Eng, Tsinghua University, Industrial Engineering
- B. Eng, Tsinghua University, Civil Engineering
Xinchang Wang joined Mississippi State University's College of Business as an Assistant Professor of Business Quantitative Analysis in August 2015. Professor Wang's primary research areas of interest include revenue management under customer choice behavior, discrete choice modeling and estimation, and Markov Decision Processes Models. He also works on learning processes in game and transportation logistics. Professor Xinchang Wang earned his Ph.D. in Operations Research from Georgia Institute of Technology in 2015 and obtained another Ph.D. in Civil Engineering from National University of Singapore in 2011. He received his B.Eng in Civil Engineering and M.Eng in Industrial Engineering, both from Tsinghua University, Beijing.
- "Static and dynamic resource allocation models for single-leg transportation markets with service disruptions", Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 2017, vol. 103, p 87–108.
- "Dynamic resource allocation for intermodal freight transportation with network effects: Approximations and algorithms", with Hua Wang and Xiaoning Zhang, Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 2017, vol. 99, p 83-112.
- "Discrete intermodal freight transportation network design with route choice behavior of intermodal operators", with Qiang Meng, Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 2017, vol. 95, p 76-104.
- "Single-Leg Revenue Management with Uncertain Resource Capacities for Containerized Cargo Transportation", with Hua Wang, The 2017 Annual Meeting Compendium of Papers, TRB Annual Meeting, 2017.
- "Stochastic Seat Allocation Models for Passenger Rail Transportation under Customer Choice", with Hua Wang and Xiaoning Zhang, Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 2016, vol. 96, p 95-112.
- "A polynomial-time algorithm for sailing speed optimization with containership resource sharing", with Shuaian Wang, Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 2016, vol. 93, p 394–405.
- "Stochastic resource allocation for containerized cargo transportation networks when capacities are uncertain", Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 2016, vol. 93, p 334-357.
- "Optimal allocation of limited and random network resources to discrete stochastic demands for standardized cargo transportation networks", Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 2016, vol. 91, p 310-331.
- "Delimiting port hinterlands based on intermodal network flows: Model and algorithm", with Qiang Meng and Lixin Miao, Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 2016, vol. 88, p 32-51.
- "Dynamic server assignment with task-dependent server synergy", with Sigrún Andradóttir and Hayriye Ayhan, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 2015, vol. 60, no. 2, p 570-575.