Faculty & Staff
- Dr. William Wesley Hill, II
- Associate Professor & Division Head
- Associate Professor of Marketing
- Office: 601.484.0163
- Department: 601.484.0156
- Curriculum Vitae
- PhD, University of Alabama, Marketing
- MBA, Mississippi State University, Business Administration
- BS, University of Alabama, Chemical Engineering
Dr. Hill has over 30 years of experience in the private and public sectors--14 years in chemical engineering, manufacturing, and sales, and 16 years in higher education. His research interests include tourism, personal selling, and e-commerce. Dr. Hill's consulting experience includes work with small businesses, tourism, healthcare administration, and community economic impact studies. He is a member of the American Marketing Association and the Society for Marketing Advances. Dr. Hill currently serves as the Division Head of Business at the Mississippi State University Meridian Campus.
- "Understanding the typical vacations of U.S. southern travelers", Journal of Applied Business Research, 2016, vol. 32, no. 4, p 1169-1178.
- "A segmentation of adolescent online users and shoppers", Journal of Services Marketing, 2013, vol. 27, no. 5, p 347-360.
- "A segmentation of beach rental-by-owner online inquiring customers", Academy of Marketing Studies Journal, 2012, vol. 16, no. June 2012 Supplement, p 1-18.
- "Relating sports performance and associated metrics with marketing and overall business outcomes", Society of Marketing Advances, Atlanta, 2016.
- "Understanding the typical vacation and relating factors ", Academy of Marketing Studies, New Orleans, LA, 2015.
- "The motives and constraints for vacation style selection", Academy of Business Research Conference, San Antonio, TX, 2014.
- "Understanding the typical vacation, destination choice, and its influences", Academy of Marketing Studies, New Orleans, LA, 2012.