Faculty & Staff
- Stephen L. France, Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor of Quantitative Analysis
- Ph.D., Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Quantitative Marketing and Supply Chain Management
- MS, University of the West of England, Statistics and Management Science
- BS, University of Durham, Computer Science
As a researcher and quantitative analyst, I aim to establish myself as a methodologist who works at the boundaries of marketing, psychometrics, applied statistics, and data mining. I integrate knowledge from all of these areas in order to make sense of complex marketing data and to find solutions to real world problems found in industry.
- "ADCLUS and INDCLUS: Analysis, Experimentation, and Meta-Heuristic Algorithm Extensions", with Wen Chen and Yumin Deng, Advances in Data Analysis and Classification, 2017, vol. 11, no. 2, p 371-393.
- "Characterizing Viral Videos: Methodology and Applications", with Mahyar Sharif-Vaghefi and Huimin Zhao, Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, 2016, vol. 19, no. September-October, p 19-32.
- "An Analysis and Visualization Methodology for Identifying and Testing Market Structure", with Sanjoy Ghose, Marketing Science, 2016, vol. 35, no. 1, p 182-197.
- "A Maximum Likelihood Item Easiness Model for Test Theory Without An Answer Key", with Wiliam H. Batchelder, Educational and Psychological Measurement, 2015, vol. 75, no. 1, p 57-77.
- "Unsupervised consensus analysis for on-line review and questionnaire data", with William H. Batchelder, Information Sciences, Elsevier, 2014, vol. 283, no. 1, p 241-257.
- "Teaching Dimensionality Reduction and Cluster Analysis to Marketing Students Marketing Edge Conference Proceedings", Marketing Edge, 2014, vol. 2014, p 1-25.
- "Consensus Rating: Re-Conceptualizing Additive Bias KDD - Data Mining for Educational Assessment and Feedback (ASSESS 2014) Proceedings", KDD - ACM, 2014, vol. 2014, p 1-8.
- "Properties of a General Measure of Configuration Agreement", Springer Verlag, 2013, p 155-163.
- "Visualizing Data in Social and Behavioral Sciences: An Application of PARAMAP on Judicial Statistics", with Ulas Akkucuk and J. Douglas Carroll, Springer Verlag, 2013, p 147-154.
- "FlexCCT: Software for Continuous CCT", with Mahyar Sharif Vaghefi and William H. Batchelder, International Educational Data Mining Society, 2013, p 394-395.
- "Not All Comments Are Created Equal: The Impact of Business Managers' Response to Negative Online Reviews", with Yuying Shi and Nancy Guo, MarketingEdge Research Summit, Los Angeles, CA, 2016.
- "Society for Mathematical Psychology", with Sanjoy Ghose, Annual Meeting - Society for Mathematical Psychology, New Brunswick, NJ, 2016.
- "Clustering Choice Data using Deviations from the Aggregate Constant Ratio Model.", with Sanjoy Ghose, IMPS (International Meeting of the Psychometric Society), Asheville,NC, 2016.
- "Clustering Choice Data using Deviations from the Aggregate Constant Ratio Model.", with Sanjoy Ghose, Classification Society Annual Meeting, Columbia, MO, 2016.
- "Continuous CCT: The FlexCCT Software and Associated Models", with William H. Batchelder, Cultural Consensus Theory, Multinomial Processing Tress, and Cognitive Psychometrics, Irvine, CA, 2015.
- "Visualizing Cultural Consensus Theory (CCT) Solutions", Classification Society Annual Meeting, Hamilton, ON, 2015.
- "Cultural Consensus Theory for On-line Reviews: Knowledge and Preference", with William H. Batchelder, Marketing Edge Research Summit, San Diego, CA, USA, 2014.
- "Teaching Dimensionality Reduction and Cluster Analysis to Marketing Students", Marketing Edge Research Summit, San Diego, CA, USA, 2014.
- "Consensus Rating: Re-Conceptualizing Additive Bias", KDD 2014, ASSESS Workshop, New York City, NY, USA, 2014.
- "A Maximum Likelihood Item Easiness Model for Test Theory Without An Answer Key", with William H. Batchelder, IMPS - Annual Meeting of the Psychometric Society, Madison, WI, USA, 2014.
- "FlexCCT: Software for Continuous CCT", with Mahyar Sharif Vaghefi, The 6th International Conference on Educational Data Mining, Memphis, TN, 2013.
- "Unsupervised Consensus Analysis for On-line Review and Questionnaire Data", with William H. Batchelder, Classification Society Annual Meeting, Milwaukee, WI, 2013.
- "Properties of a General Family of Agreement Metrics", INFORMS Annual Meeting, Phoenix, Arizona, 2012.
- "Implementing a Family of Agreement Metrics", IMPS 2012, Lincoln, NE, 2012.
- "Analysis of a Generalized Agreement Metric for Comparing Configurations", Classification Society Annual Meeting, Pittsburgh - USA, 2012.