Faculty & Staff
- Gary F. Templeton, Ph.D.
- Associate Professor of Information Systems
- Office: 662.325.1956
- Department: 662.325.3928
- Ph.D., Auburn University, Management Information Systems
- MS, Auburn University, Management Information Systems
- MBA, Auburn University, Management Information Systems
- BS, Auburn University, Finance
Gary F. Templeton is an Associate Professor of MIS in the College of Business at Mississippi State University. He previously held academic positions at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, Athens State University, Syracuse University, and Auburn University. He has received a B.S. in Business Administration (Finance major), an M.B.A, an M.M.I.S., and Ph.D. (in MIS) from Auburn University. He has published in the Journal of Management Information Systems, the Journal of the Association for Information Systems, the European Journal of Information Systems, Communications of the ACM, and Communications of the AIS. His current research interests involve organizational learning and IT business value.
- "“Using a Two-Step Transformation to Address Non-Normality from a Business Value of Information Technology Perspective,”", with Laurie Burney and , Journal of Information Systems, 2017, p NA - In press.
- "Fairness in the Institutional Valuation of Business Journals", with Bruce R. Lewis, MISQ, 2015, vol. 39, no. 3, p 523-539.
- "Corporate Financial Performance: Development of a Formative Construct for IS Research", with Laurie Burney and Marcia Weidenmier Watson, 2014 AAA AIS Section Mid-Year , Raleigh, NC, 2014.
- "Corporate Financial Performance: Development of a Formative Construct for IS Research", with Laurie Burney and Marcia Weidenmier Watson, 2014 AAA AIS Section Mid-Year Meeting, Raleigh, NC, 2014.
- ""Organizational Learning in Healthcare: A Literature Synthesis and Concept Analysis"", with Heather Carter-Templeton, ALN Annual Meeting, Jacksonville, AL, 2013.