Faculty & Staff
- Barbara Spencer, Ph.D.
- Professor of Management
- Lecturer of Management
- Office: 662.325.0315
- Department: 662.325.3928
- Ph.D., Virginia Tech, Business Administration
- MA, University of Maine, Organizational Communication
- BA, University of Maine, Communication Studies
Born in Scarborough Maine, Barbara has lived in Mississippi for the past 24 years. She has a son named Wyatt and a cat named Lucky.
- "Development of a socioemotional wealth importance (SEWi) scale for family firm research", with Bart Debicki, Franz Kellermanns, James Chrisman, and Allison Pearson, Journal of Family Business Strategy, 2016, vol. 7, p 47-57.
- "Business Model Learning and Design: A Strategic Guide", BEP, 2013, p 127.
- "Socioemotional wealth and internationalization of family firms", with Bart Debicki, Allison Pearson, and James Chrisman, Academy of Management, Philadelphia, PA, 2014.
- , .