- President: Rebecca Davis email@example.com
- Vice President: Heather Fulton firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finance Chair: Don McCartney email@example.com
- Community Relations: Molly Jayne firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Chair: Evan Simpson email@example.com
- Webmaster: Andrew McDowell firstname.lastname@example.org
The Masters of Business Administration Association (MBAA) of Mississippi State University is a non-profit student organization whose purpose is to develop the skills and experiences of the student body beyond the classroom. This enrichment is intended to enhance the lives of its participants and provide a marketable social capacity for future employment. The MBAA schedules a variety of professional events, community service projects, and social activities throughout each semester.
The MBAA has a variety of professional events each semester. Some examples of these events include:
- Guest Speakers: At the MBAA monthly meetings, we always have a guest speaker to come and share with us their experiences, current business trends, or topics for professional development. Some of the recent topics have been on leadership, networking, social media branding, holding crucial conversations, and the importance of building relationships.
- Corporate Business Trips: Visiting different corporations allows members to get an inside look at the operations, functions, and people that make the organization "go". It also is a fabulous opportunity to build students' professional network. In the past, the MBAA has visited Entergy in New Orleans, The Home Depot Corporate Headquarters in Atlanta, Trustmark National Bank in Jackson, Viking Range in Greenwood, and other small businesses in Mississippi.
Community Service Projects and Charities
Relay for Life
This year the MBA Association is planning on participating in Relay for Life. More details to come later.
Pull Tabs for Charity
The MBAA is currently collecting can tabs to donate to charity. To donate your aluminum tabs, you can place them in the jar located in the MBA Lounge.
Other Service Projects
The MBAA participates in different community service projects throughout the year. Most recently we had a group of students participate in Habitat for Humanity. The students helped renovate an old home in Starkville. The home was being reconditioned to serve as affordable, safe housing for a family in the community.
The MBAA also holds a number of fund raising activities to help raise money for different non-profit organizations in the area. These fund raising activities range from cash donations, business sponsorships, golf tournaments, and other activities that MBAA members have the option to participate in.
If you are interested in purchasing a T-shirt, please stop by 200 McCool. The cost of each shirt is $12 and payment can be by check or money order.